Warner Bros. Unleashes the Zombie Horde With Lollipop Chainsaw
- By: CM Boots-Faubert
- Posted 12th Jun 2012
Warner Bros. and Kadokawa Games today announced the release of Lollipop Chainsaw, an over-the-top action game for the PlayStation 3 system and Xbox 360.
Developed by Grasshopper Manufacture, led by Goichi Suda (SUDA51), Lollipop Chainsaw is the 'un-deadly' story of sweet, chainsaw wielding zombie hunter Juliet Starling. On her 18th birthday, Juliet must uncover the root of a colossal zombie outbreak. She slices and dices her way through hordes of the undead, but soon realizes the horde is only the opening act to a festival of zombie rock lords determined to kill her.
With a all-star cast behind it, Lollipop Chainsaw is brimming with talent from Hollywood director/writer James Gunn (Super, Slither, Dawn of the Dead, Tromeo and Juliet) and a voice cast featuring the likes of Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville), Michael Rooker (Slither, The Walking Dead), Tara Strong (Batman: Arkham City), Shawnee Smith (Saw), Linda Cardelleni (Freaks and Geeks) and many more. The final ingredient in this mix of grindhouse style and humor is the collaborative music by acclaimed video game composer Akira Yamaoka and Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulgence.
Also available today is the companion soundtrack to the game, featuring sound direction by Akira Yamaoka of Grasshopper Manufacture (Silent Hill, Shadows of the Damned) and licensed music. It will be released by WaterTower Records in North America and the full track list is as follows:
1. "Lollipop" -- The Chordettes
2. "Nemesis" -- Arch Enemy
3. "Pac Man Fever" -- Buckner & Garcia
4. "Stop Reading, Start Doing Pushups" -- Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows
5. "The Way Of The Fist" -- Five Finger Death Punch
6. "Empire State Human" -- Human League
7. "Love For My Insane Lover" -- Akira Yamaoka
8. "Zombie Tackle" -- Akira Yamaoka
9. "Viking Zombies Sail on Lightning Seas" -- Akira Yamaoka
10. "Zombie Guts" -- Akira Yamaoka
11. "Zombeef Burger" -- Akira Yamaoka
12. "Mirrorball Madhouse" -- Akira Yamaoka
13. "Rainbow Zombie Fever!" -- Akira Yamaoka
14. "Bowel Purge" -- Akira Yamaoka
15. "Scattering Guts" -- Akira Yamaoka
For the latest information on the game, visit www.lollipopchainsaw.com or follow the team on twitter @lollichainsaw or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/lollipopchainsaw.