Dawn of Fantasy Details Revealed
- By: CM Boots-Faubert
- Posted 21st Apr 2011
Shooters are fun, platforming is the bomb, and don't even get me started on JRPG action gaming because I cannot count the number of weekends that got sucked away playing those! Still, when the news is about an MMO-RTS here comes undivided attention -- because this newest manifestation in the MMO world has massive appeal and entertainment potential -- which is why the news today about details on Dawn of Fantasy is so cool!
An MMO-RTS developed by Reverie World Studios, Dawn of Fantasy is a challenging online and offline strategy game, where players take control of one of three races in three game modes to test the boundaries of modern strategy gaming.
In the massively multiplayer "Online Kingdom" and the single-player "Kingdom Wars" worlds, players train and command massive armies in pitched battle. These armies can be tasked to either defend their own town or to raze other strongholds on the World Map, a strategic overview of the world. Upon reaching a player or NPC town on the strategy map, armies are given the opportunity to declare war and engage in all-out combat, switching to a tactical view for battles.
Lay Siege, one of the many ways to play Dawn of Fantasy, gives players the chance to try out their combat skills on an enemy stronghold -- in either a practice setting or in the persistent online arena -- while Defend Castle has you take the part of the besieged, surviving waves of attackers.
Even with all these modes, its the Online Kingdom that is the heart of the game and offers players the chance to write a bloody history for the game world of Mythador. Players enter a richly-detailed, endless world, ranging from the high mountain peaks of Southmount in the human realm of Teria to the swamps of Ertheel'Bala of the Wood Elves.
In this troubled world, there is no avoiding the dark intentions of the enigmatic, power-hungry and corrupt wizards. The only question is whether the player will prove just another pawn in a dark scheme, or if they shall bring light to Mythador once more.
Players find themselves in a constant war amidst their neighbours for supremacy, while guilds and the wealthiest of players control global trade. Due to the persistent environment of Mythador, a player's stronghold and economy will always be growing -- regardless of whether its owner is online!
Even after the campaign, players will have entire regions with beautiful citadels to discover and learn the history of, as well as a vast, randomized regional environment to freely explore to make new allies, or foes, with its peoples. Whether you strive for the top of the competitive multiplayer ladder, create a guild whose name is whispered in fear throughout the realms, or create an entirely new adventure using the powerful editing tools -- Mythador is yours for the taking.
Reveries World Studios, based in Toronto, Canada, is a new developer comprised of RTS veterans whove worked on titles including Empire Earth and Empires: Dawn of the Modern World .
Check out the official website at http://www.reverieworld.com/ for more info.
* Complete dozens of story-driven quests in services of kings, wizards, and fellow adventurers.
* Interact with thousands of other players through trading, forging alliances, and waging war in both Player vs. Player and Player vs. Environment battles.
* Build up your villages into towns and then mighty empires, cast mighty magic upon your enemies with dozens of unique spells, and lay siege to your enemies with great trebuchets.
* Us the brute strength of the walking woods, ogres, and dragon mercenaries to reign supreme.
* Play as three different races - elves, men, and orcs, each of which offers a radically different playstyle and has been given a deep, compelling mythology, a dramatic historical background, and a spectrum of complex political ambitions that drive the story and gameplay
* Lay Siege mode allows players to practise taking opponents castles, while Defend Castle is the opposite.
* Kingdom Wars mode allows players to experience a single-player campaign.
* Online Kingdoms is the main, massively multiplayer version of the game, featuring PvP and PvE battles, trading, guilds and a persistent world.